Glazov (Гла́зов)Udmurt Republic
Glazov is the second largest city in the Republic of Udmurtia. The city has a population of almost 100,000 people.
Glazov is located on the Cheptsa (Чепца) river in the northern part of Udmurtia. The Cheptsa river is a tributary of the Vyatka (Вя́тка) River, which eventually finds it way into the Kama and Volga Rivers.
Glazov was founded in the 16th century and was granted town status in 1780. The Trans-Siberian railway was built through the town in 1898. During World War II a number of industries were evacuated from Leningrad to Glazov.Udmurt Republic