Miscellaneous
Russian Lessons.Net

Russian Language Forums
Introduce yourself here!

Forums Home
 Register       Log in 

Introduce yourself here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian Lessons .Net Forums Forum Index -> Pen Pals

AuthorMessage
nickshanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Introduce yourself here! Reply with quote

Привет, меня зовут Николай Джордж Шэнкс.
1 мая 1981 г. родился в Ноттингем, Великобритания.
Я живу в Хатфилд, Хартфордшир, Англия.

Я не говорю по-русски. Smile

[edit] At first these boards didn't support Unicode, so I transcribed into latin:

Privyet, menya zavot Nicholas George Shanks.
1 Mai 1981 g. rodilsya v Nottingham, Vyelikobritanniya.
Ya zhivoo v Hatfield, Hertfordshire, Angliya.

Ya nye govoryu pa-russki.

Last edited by nickshanks on Sun May 14, 2006 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
josephjah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Joe and I'm really interested in learning Russian, and I'm looking forward to when the forum begins to grow a bit, I'll try to refer a few friends (wish me luck) Wink

Um, some personal info... I'm 17, I live in the USA, and I like learning other languages, drawing, working with electronics, and computer programming... Ok, I'm done Cool
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself here! Reply with quote

nickshanks wrote:

Hmm, seems these boards don't support unicode. Boo hiss. As I was saying:

Hmm, I need to investigate this. We thought they did. The rest of the site is encoded using UTF-8. I will look at having this fixed shotly.
Deadfast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, all. My name is Rosalyn and though I'm only 14 I am very interested in learning russian. I started wanting to after reading some of Fyodor Dostoyevsky's works. I'm also interested in everything aerospace and of course Russia is also big on there space program.
I hope to gain friends and guidance here. Very Happy
josephjah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thats cool, I'm really into aerospace related stuff myself, especially the propulsion systems... hehe
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself here! Reply with quote

nickshanks wrote:
Hmm, seems these boards don't support unicode. Boo hiss. As I was saying:

OK guys, the forums should now be running in UTF-8 (unicode). You should now be able to post in Russian without it being full of junk.

Nickshanks: You may wish to edit your first post, so it saves in unicode.

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Forum Admin
axelkat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
My name is Alex and I love everything about Russia although Im Scandinavian. Anyway, Im interested in pretty much anything and am looking forward to meeting some new people. My Russian is terrible so it would be appreciated if you guys know english. Well, if you have any questions for me, just ask.
saukage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Mat and I took a couple years of Russian in college. I'm just trying to re-learn the language. It was very fun to learn and I had a great time with it.

That's it,

Mat
kitty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: привет! Reply with quote

Меня зовут Киди. Я живу в чикаго. Я изучала Русский язык два года. Я забывала много и мне надо упражняться.

hi. my name is kitty. i have studied russian for 2 years (with a break in the middle) but have forgotten much of it. i need to practice writing and thinking in russian. i'm rusty on a good day and pitiful on most others but would love to exchange short emails in russian for practice. anyone?
nickshanks

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: привет! Reply with quote

kitty wrote:
Меня зовут Киди. Я живу в чикаго. Я изучала Русский язык два года. Я забывала много и мне надо упражняться.

hi. my name is kitty. i have studied russian for 2 years (with a break in the middle) but have forgotten much of it. i need to practice writing and thinking in russian. i'm rusty on a good day and pitiful on most others but would love to exchange short emails in russian for practice. anyone?

Why "Киди" not Кити, "чикаго" not Шикаго?
kitty

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: привет! Reply with quote

i tried using T but my teacher gave me a big ol smackdown. she said names are usually transliterated the way they sound so i would use a D rather than T for my name. chicago, however, is a place name with its own spelling in russian that i can't change, even though it is pronounced as an 'sh', russians wouldn't know that just seeing it.

nickshanks wrote:
kitty wrote:

nickshanks

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: привет! Reply with quote

kitty wrote:
i tried using T but my teacher gave me a big ol smackdown. she said names are usually transliterated the way they sound so i would use a D rather than T for my name. chicago, however, is a place name with its own spelling in russian that i can't change, even though it is pronounced as an 'sh', russians wouldn't know that just seeing it.

Bit kitty is pronounced with a 't', at least the way I say it! /kɪti/
kitty

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: привет! Reply with quote

nickshanks wrote:
kitty wrote:

Bit kitty is pronounced with a 't', at least the way I say it! /kɪti/

Most yankeees are lazy in their pronunciation and gloss over the T, making it closer to a D. At any rate, I tried spelling it with a T and a native Russian said they'd use a д. What's a girl to do?
nickshanks

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: привет! Reply with quote

kitty wrote:
Most yankeees are lazy in their pronunciation and gloss over the T, making it closer to a D. At any rate, I tried spelling it with a T and a native Russian said they'd use a д. What's a girl to do?

Aww, sorry for querying you, it just looked weird to my eyes. I guess many US English speakers outside New England would use a flap, in the same way that many in the south over here would use a glottal stop?

If you are looking for a pen pal to learn Russian with, I would be happy to do so. My email is contact@nickshanks.com
ad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: привет! Reply with quote

kitty wrote:
i tried using T but my teacher gave me a big ol smackdown. she said...

nickshanks wrote:
kitty wrote:
Меня зовут Киди. Я живу в чикаго...

hi. my name is kitty...

Вообще-то, правильно по-русски твое имя пишется Китти.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian Lessons .Net Forums Forum Index -> Pen PalsAll times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  

phpBB