Russian Lessons
Russian Grammar
Russian Vocabulary
Online Russian Tools
Dual Language E-Books
Miscellaneous
Russian Lessons.Net

Russian Language Forums
Traditional Russian Music. Can you indicate me?

Forums Home
 Register       Log in 

Traditional Russian Music. Can you indicate me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian Lessons .Net Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion

AuthorMessage
rmlazzari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Traditional Russian Music. Can you indicate me? Reply with quote

Hi... I've just entered this forum (found through a Google's search) and I'd like somebody to indicate CDs ou bands who plays the best of traditional Russian songs, like (excuse if this is wrote wrong), "Kalinka" or "Otchi Tchornie" (Black Eyes). I'd like to know some of this folk songs. It could be large chorus (like Russian Army) or a capella, in intimate way. Actualy I prefer single voices, small bands, a voice and a "balalaika" (is this correct?) in intimate way but everything is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

(P.S.: I'd like to excuse me if this is a wrong place-forum to ask questions about russian traditional culture like old music. If this is boring to you, please excuse me. Thanks again.)
alexrsk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
google that : 25 лучших русских народных песен (2 CD). First link (internet store ozon.ru).
hope it helps)
K. Kellogg-Smith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Russian music on CD Reply with quote

For others who may be interested, I have in my CD library a very good Russian music CD, title is "Moscow Nights: 20 popular Russian hits", CD# MCD 61590, by Monitor Compact Discs company. You can search Google, Amazon or Amazon UK for that CD. Tracks (in the Russian language) on the CD include: 1. Moscow Nights, 2. Clouds Have Risen Over the City, 3. Lonely Accordion, 4. Song of Roschin, 5. Let There Always Be Sunshine, 6. The Volga Flows, 7. You Will Come Back to Me, 8. The Night Trolley, 9. The Boulevards, 10. They Should Not Be Disturbed, 11. First Love Waltz, 12. Hear Me Out, My Pretty One, 13. I Came Back to my Home Town, 14. Silently, 15. My Friend, 16. Blue-Eyed Boy, 17. Song to My Son, 18. Who Are You?, 19. Have Some Feelings For the Lad, 20. Beloved Village. The CD's liner notes include the song titles/tracks in English and transliterated Russian.

Also, Dover Publications, 31 East 2nd Street, Mineola NY 11501, U.S.A. offers for sale a very good sheet music/song book which includes many of the songs that are on the above CD. The lyrics to the songs in the Dover music book are given in three font styles: English, transliterated Russian, and Cyrillic. The song book includes, among other information, a Cyrillic transliteration and pronunciation guide.
There are 22 Russian folk songs in the book, along with 19 popular songs, including "Moscow Nights", "Lonely Accordion", "Katiusha", "Dark is the Night", and others.

I hope this information will be helpful to anyone/everyone who appreciates Russian folk and popular music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian Lessons .Net Forums Forum Index -> General DiscussionAll times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Visit us on Facebook