Dual Language E-Books
Miscellaneous
Russian Lessons.Net

Russian Language Forums
Met my son's parents -- first time Krasnodar

Forums Home
 Register       Log in 

Met my son's parents -- first time Krasnodar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian Lessons .Net Forums Forum Index -> Travel Stories / Diaries.

AuthorMessage
kirk0101

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Met my son's parents -- first time Krasnodar Reply with quote

Hello everyone. In April this year, I took my 19-year old son (we adopted him at age 6 from an orphanage) to meet his relatives for the first time. It was a most amazing experience. To see him embrace his biological mother and father for the first time is a memory I shall never forget. We lived with his maternal grandparents in a small town for 4 days, visiting daily with aunt, uncle, great uncle, cousins, and -- his older brother! We never even knew these wonderful people existed until 18 months ago.

The experience was the best of my lifetime. It made living itself feel like a treasure, and it was worth all the effort and money involved.

We hope to host 2-3 relatives to visit the USA in about 3 years, which is why I am trying to learn Russian now. I visit with a private tutor monthly and meet with other Russians weekly.

Has anyone else visited Russia to meet family members?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian Lessons .Net Forums Forum Index -> Travel Stories / Diaries.All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Visit us on Facebook